Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 47 replies

artjak

I was in Lidl today, and they had packets of veg and flower seeds for as little as 29p or 2 for 50p. Just thought you might like to know.

Caz W

Thanks artjack - well worth a visit (and may get some chocolate while I'm there).

hollie hock

thanks, there are some really good deals out there

Mother in law and I raid out local Horticultural Society for discounted seeds and gardening goodies!

clogherhead

arn't you very lucky to be able to buy seed for as little 29p=€0.35 c .in my local Lidl the same seed is €1:00 +

Advertisement

artjak

Seed Company; Lidl

Varieties; Sweet Pepper, California Wonder

Swiss Chard, Lucullus

Leek; De Carentan 2

Radish; Icicle

Eggplant; Halflange Violette

Spinach; Matador

I only have info on what I bought.

SwissSue

I have just bought a packet of  Nantaise 2 carrots (seed band) from Lidl (yes, they're here too ). On the back of the packet there is a home page adress: www.gartenland.com, garten with a t, not d!

does anyone know where I can get Bush Courgettes please...  Has anyhone grown these?

Jean Genie

Look who's just popped up again.

Thank you - I will have a look

SwissSue

Am curious, who just popped up again?

sotongeoff
SwissSue wrote (see)

jon cob may or may not be a welcome visitor

nutcutlet
sotongeoff wrote (see)
SwissSue wrote (see)

Maybe we should give him a chance. 

sotongeoff
nutcutlet wrote (see)
sotongeoff wrote (see)
SwissSue wrote (see)

Maybe we should give him a chance. 

Benefit of the doubt-but if people do not add details to their profile it always raises suspicions-the great cob and grid gardner are not welcome here.

Advertisement

artjak

I must be very naive: why does it raise suspicions?

nutcutlet

I'm naive as well and prefer to stay that way. 

I can't see a problem here apart from one of attitude. But then, as I said, I'm naive

Dovefromabove

I think the concern is that there is one particular poster who  seems to enjoy causing trouble (quite upsetting trouble sometimes) on friendly little forms - some of  us recognise his style/use of language/and several of the many changes of identity that he uses.  

He has been around for some years and just pops up from time to time, sometimes assuming more than one identity and then he argues with himself and others get drawn in, then they get attacked.  

Sadly it's just as well to be aware. 

SwissSue

Whew, I'm glad you didn't mean me, although I seem to have dislocated to Tower Hamlets, but I'm sure it's a nice place, shall have to look it up on Google Earth.