Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Dragon fruit

When will this dragon fruit start to fruit? I live in Phoenix Arizona.image

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,530

This website is based in the UK, and you have all kinds of exciting plants over there of which we Brits know little or nothing.  As pot plants go, yours doesn't exactly look healthy.  It looks as though it's been damaged by the ties holding it to the stick.  The compost looks fresh, so I'm guessing you've recently re-potted it, and maybe that will be all it needs to recover.  But you'll be able to get more constructive advice closer to home.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Thank you for the replies! I have 3 more that don't look as beat up as this one, but this is my biggest. It's still 100 degrees Fahrenheit and sun all day so I don't want it to get burned up in this powerful sun. 

• granmagranma Posts: 1,933

I have grown these from seed some fifteen  years ago..the plants lived in the greenhouse summertime. .I brought them in for winter . I'm afraid that after fifteen year and only getting  a scraggly out of control plant it went on the compost heap.

A plant combining of deadly  prickles and not much more. ( only my opinion)

I gave it the same conditions as cacti. I will say this though It grew well !!!!!

I'd love to see photos of  any fruit which grow on your plants..