Start a new thread

1 to 15 of 15 replies

i bought a plastic green house and seeds package off a well known voucher site, this time last year.

since then i've been hooked, first time i've owned a house with a garden and even thought about gardening.

these forums have been great for learning, encouragement and knowing others think the same ;0)

thanks guys for helping. soooo excited for coming year. I started gardening in the wettest year EVER and i survived. So i'm very optimistic about the veg and flowers i can grow this year!!!

found the links to youtube gardening videos really helpful.

cheers

vegas

Sinevegas

That is great, gardening is addictive and enjoyable.

This year don't want it to be that wet, good you are not put off by all that wet. I have put up my plastic green house ready for more seed sowing.

Forum is helpful

Have you started any seed sowing yet?

Caz W

Happy Anniversary Vegas .  You've completed a full year now so you know what to expect and have a much better idea for this year.  Glad you're now a fully fledged member of the optimistic gardeners club .  Keep us updated and maybe post some pictures.

Pennine Petal
Happy garden Vegas, let's hope for better weather and keep on asking questions, it' the only way to learn.
nutcutlet

If you weren't put off last year you'll be gardening long term

Advertisement

Huntertony

I only started learning a year next month. Almost becomes more than a hobby!

artjak

Almost?? It's a way of life. I am always a bit puzzled by people who have a garden and are completely not interested in it. Though I can understand that with small children the garden has to be a football pitch, but after that....

My garden keeps me fit, happy, fed and simply gives me so much joy

My horrible clay swamp as been replaced with a patio. i can now get to my little raised veg bed. i've even been out in the rain

Artjak its a way of life now!

FloBear

It's brilliant to hear of newer gardeners getting hooked. Very cheering and almost makes me wish I was starting again. Though, having said that, I am, sort of, because what I did 25 years ago when I came here is up for major re-design.

So Happy Anniversary Vegas and Huntertony

Robert Sears-Piccavey

I have been gardening for 40 years and still get excited when the first green shoots appear in my greenhouse. I am like a child that still believes in magic. It never wears off. Spring is the best time for optomists like me. I always believe this year will be my best yet.

nutcutlet
Robert Sears-Piccavey wrote (see)

I have been gardening for 40 years and still get excited when the first green shoots appear in my greenhouse. I am like a child that still believes in magic. It never wears off. Spring is the best time for optomists like me. I always believe this year will be my best yet.

That's so true. And this year will be the best Robert

artjak

Flo-bear, can we see before and after photos of your re-design?

Moonlit Hare

HehHeh, Nutcutlet & Robert, I'm also the same when I get my 1st sprout... the much beloved chuckes away at my child like delight that I get so excited I've managed to grow something again!

I'm just starting my second year. Last year we started in July! Somewhat late. I keep looking at my plastic pop up 6x8ft greenhouse and wondering when to put it up and start sowing. I'm notts so anyone else out there started. I have some perennial cuttings limping on in the unheated conservatory, some tomato seedlings purchased tonight and some sweet peppers that were sown 11 days ago but no appearance. I just want to get started. It's almost a real physical itch!!