London (change)
Today 13°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 5°C
15 messages
10/03/2013 at 21:35

i bought a plastic green house and seeds package off a well known voucher site, this time last year.

since then i've been hooked, first time i've owned a house with a garden and even thought about gardening.

these forums have been great for learning, encouragement and knowing others think the same ;0)

thanks guys for helping. soooo excited for coming year. I started gardening in the wettest year EVER and i survived. So i'm very optimistic about the veg and flowers i can grow this year!!!

found the links to youtube gardening videos really helpful.

cheers

vegas

10/03/2013 at 21:59

Sinevegas

That is great, gardening is addictive and enjoyable.

This year don't want it to be that wet, good you are not put off by all that wet. I have put up my plastic green house ready for more seed sowing.

Forum is helpful

Have you started any seed sowing yet?

10/03/2013 at 22:01

Happy Anniversary Vegas .  You've completed a full year now so you know what to expect and have a much better idea for this year.  Glad you're now a fully fledged member of the optimistic gardeners club .  Keep us updated and maybe post some pictures.

10/03/2013 at 22:38
Happy garden Vegas, let's hope for better weather and keep on asking questions, it' the only way to learn.
10/03/2013 at 22:56

If you weren't put off last year you'll be gardening long term

11/03/2013 at 09:17

I only started learning a year next month. Almost becomes more than a hobby!

11/03/2013 at 09:23

Almost?? It's a way of life. I am always a bit puzzled by people who have a garden and are completely not interested in it. Though I can understand that with small children the garden has to be a football pitch, but after that....

My garden keeps me fit, happy, fed and simply gives me so much joy

17/03/2013 at 08:31

My horrible clay swamp as been replaced with a patio. i can now get to my little raised veg bed. i've even been out in the rain

Artjak its a way of life now!

17/03/2013 at 13:47

17/03/2013 at 13:52

It's brilliant to hear of newer gardeners getting hooked. Very cheering and almost makes me wish I was starting again. Though, having said that, I am, sort of, because what I did 25 years ago when I came here is up for major re-design.

So Happy Anniversary Vegas and Huntertony

19/03/2013 at 21:25

I have been gardening for 40 years and still get excited when the first green shoots appear in my greenhouse. I am like a child that still believes in magic. It never wears off. Spring is the best time for optomists like me. I always believe this year will be my best yet.

19/03/2013 at 22:23
Robert Sears-Piccavey wrote (see)

I have been gardening for 40 years and still get excited when the first green shoots appear in my greenhouse. I am like a child that still believes in magic. It never wears off. Spring is the best time for optomists like me. I always believe this year will be my best yet.

That's so true. And this year will be the best Robert

20/03/2013 at 08:55

Flo-bear, can we see before and after photos of your re-design?

20/03/2013 at 12:07

HehHeh, Nutcutlet & Robert, I'm also the same when I get my 1st sprout... the much beloved chuckes away at my child like delight that I get so excited I've managed to grow something again!

21/03/2013 at 19:13
I'm just starting my second year. Last year we started in July! Somewhat late. I keep looking at my plastic pop up 6x8ft greenhouse and wondering when to put it up and start sowing. I'm notts so anyone else out there started. I have some perennial cuttings limping on in the unheated conservatory, some tomato seedlings purchased tonight and some sweet peppers that were sown 11 days ago but no appearance. I just want to get started. It's almost a real physical itch!!
email image
15 messages