Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Too early for beans?

Is it too early to plant out the runners and French beans that are growing in pots? Here in Essex we don't tend to get late frosts. I've greenhouse grown them and hardened off in readiness, but they are growing tall so fast. Anyone else put theirs out yet?

• FleurisaFleurisa Posts: 779

I think they should be fine now

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Mine have gone out too and they are shooting away.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 11,340

I'm in Essex - put my runners out 2 days ago and already they're well away.

Billericay - Essex

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • diggingdorisdiggingdoris Posts: 513

Thank you all, I'll do those straight away as we are due some rain and it will water them in.

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

I'm in the North West and mine are going out at weekend.....I need the GH space! image

• Ooooer! I didn't even sow my seed until a week a go......image

I read the other day to sow the seeds now??  I was confused I must admit, they'll be just like Sweet Peas David and catch up......don't mollycoddle them though image

• Orchid Lady wrote (see)

I read the other day to sow the seeds now??  I was confused I must admit, they'll be just like Sweet Peas David and catch up......don't mollycoddle them though image

Yes, but your an enthusiastic learner, OL.....and I guess you'll be making a useful contribution to helping new gardeners, next season. image

Hmmm, do you really think so??  All I do is refer them to threads from the experts LOL image

• Orchid Lady wrote (see)

Hmmm, do you really think so??  All I do is refer them to threads from the experts LOL image

I'm sure! image

The post count doesn't lie......OL = 3094 DK = 2114 and I've been around for yonks. image