Well they did germinate in the tissues, it was really exciting! I was staggered at the % that did. So they'd obviously been just hating the cold & wet soil.
I put them in pots shoots downwards & crossed my fingers. Most came up fine, minus a few.
I kept them on an indoor windowsill for a few days as the greenhouse is often running with condensation on these damp days. Then they had to brave it.
Saturday I put half of the runner & dwarf climbing beans out with great trepidation, as they'd shot up in height & am trying to keep slugs/snails off them each evening. They're still a bit nibbled come morning but so far sitll okay. I'm keeping the second batch in their pots on the outside table as back up, until they get too big.
The sugar snap peas are still in the greenhouse as they're still quite small. I just wish I'd planted more of these early on, as the ones planted before the bad weather are cropping fine still.
So it was well worth it, both to test the seeds & just to get them going.