Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

cabbages

I have put some cabbage plants in the greenhouse and they went great ,they are in idividual pots with compost,recently they have started to wilt from the outside of the leaves. any

one got any ideas.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Hi taffacre - can you post a picture of them on here for us please?

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• ok ill try dont know how but i may have to ask one of the kids thanks for the reply

Hi taffacre - to post a picture on here you need to click on the green tree icon on the toolbar above where you type your post, and follow the instructions.  If it doesn't work let us know. image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• cannot get a photo on to the site sorry.will keep trying .

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,028

Are they still baby cabbages? I grow cabbages outside, they like a firm soil and a decent amount of water.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • yes still baby cabbages,been in about 2 weeks in compost ,were going great but the tips of the leaves are shrivelling up and then going brown .only water every other day .they are in seperate pots

I'm wondering whether they're too warm - the weather is still mild.  What type of cabbages are they?

• di think that may have been a problem,ive had the door open in the day for the last 2 days.they are SPRING DUCHY CABBAGES/

I'd have them outside in a well - ventilated cold frame at the moment, bringing them in when the cold weather starts, and I'd cut back on the watering too.  They shouldn't need a lot of water while they're only little.

• Thanks for all the info youve been a great help,bringing them out tomorrow .. thanks again