Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Capsicums

My capsicums seem to be doing well producing plenty of peppers, but I've noticed that lately some of the lower leaves seem to turn themselves inside out so I am looking at the underside of the leaf instead of the top! I am watering them correctly I think, so can anybody tell me what's going on please?

• Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 11,340

mine do the same and have done for yrs - doesn't seem to have an adverse effect on either chilli's or bell peppers.
    Draught's can cause tomato leaves to turn, maybe it's the same, but I don't know.

Be interested to know why

Billericay - Essex

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • pushbar-2pushbar-2 Posts: 16

Hi Pete, well its good to know it shouldn't hurt them. Yes it would be interesting to know why they do it though.

Any takers on this one people image

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

Seems to only happen to mine in the conservatory (which sometimes gets a bit too hot), so I suspect they do it as some sort of dehydration response.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • pushbar-2pushbar-2 Posts: 16

Actually that makes sense. Mine are in the greenhouse and even though I ventilate it well it still gets very hot in there.