Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Chilli Seed Swap

If any of you are growing chillis & interested in doing some seed swapping so we can have a go at growing different strains for next year, or if you fancy having a go then i thought we could use this thread to arrange.

I thought that if we do it this way we can all make sure that the seeds we harvest come from our healthiest plants which should in theory give us some good seed stock for each other instead of buying them blind from elsewhere.

If anyones interested when i finally get some peppers growing then PM me, i have Cayenne (aka Tabasco), Jalapeno, Habanero & Numex (aka Razzmatazz)

• Dan-CDan-C Posts: 30
    Rather than PM you I thought I'd put a post on here to keep the tread bumped up,

I'd be happy with that, I've only got jalape??o and ghost chilli (bhut jolokia) growing on though, my yellow habanero and Carolina reapers all failed at an early stage as I was new to growing anything and left them in the propagator far too long in a hot conservatory!

The plants I've got are looking really well and look so close to flowering, have done for a couple of weeks but they just haven't yet, is this normal?

Cheers.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Bumping image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Stacey DochertyStacey Docherty Posts: 1,759

Thanks dove lol..... Where to start with my chilli seed list.... I have a lot away this year to get people growing....dan-c the bhut jolokia will take a while to flower and produce fruits. If they are in the greenhouse you should see a result but their growing period is about 160 days which is normally too long for the uk unless in heated greenhouse... However I overwinter mine to produce fruits next year! I as you can tell am a bit of a chilli freak! Will post A list of seeds available a little later..... And if anyone is reading that had my chilli seeds and growing tips how are they doing?

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    I have a few seeds in open packets that i wont use if anyone wants them, i dont mind chilli, but prefer peppers (sorry!). Will post list when brain in gear! image
  • ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949
    Stacey - as soon as the forum lets me post photos again I'll show you image

Waz - I'm up for joining in with this! They'll all be the same as Staceys as she gave me seeds to start this year image
  • Stacey DochertyStacey Docherty Posts: 1,759

Cool clarington I take it they are doing well by the optimistic post lol.... Sadly mine are not so great this year die to just not having the time to love them lol.... Ahhh well chilli festival in august wooohoooo

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Clari - what sort of problem are you having with posting pics?  Have you changed your Forum Settings back to Advanced Edit? image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Dove/Clari, the system may still be wonky, ive just checked and i can still get my messages image
  • ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949
    Dove I can't post at all in advance settings yet. Just waiting for the weekend gremlins to work through.
  • Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800
    I can't post pics either and don't have smilies so can inky do image and image again!! My advanced settings are in, I checked, I've even changed it to basic and back again but it didn't work.

Anyway.....chillies......mine are doing fab Stacey. I sowed all the seeds you gave me so gave quite a few Cherry Bombs to friends and neighbours, my best friend has fruit (veg? What are chillies) on hers already but I don't!? I do have flowers though. The Purple Riot have made beautiful plants but no flowers yet, very very pretty though. Apache are doing well too and the rest (mushroom and unknown) didn't germinate but I think you now that already.

As soon as I have some chillies produced I will let you know what seeds I have for swapping.