London (change)
Today 10°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 10°C
7 messages
13/02/2014 at 18:42

I have just sown my cucumber seed on Sunday and in a heated propagater and 2 days later they popped up I was amazed and wondering if anyone else's seed have come through 

13/02/2014 at 19:12

I haven't started sowing yet, may start aubergines and chillies in the next few weeks and plant onion sets in modules.

KEF
13/02/2014 at 19:37

Cody they do germinate quickly and especially with heat. Can I ask what you are going to do with them, as they won't be able to go outside into the Greenhouse until May, by then they will be huge & leggy and will need to be in large buckets with canes to support them, if you can keep them alive. They need humid, damp conditions, not best in a house

I'm not sewing mine until the end of March at the earliest.

p.s. they aren't the cheapest seeds to grow and have to throw away.  

Consider the things Zoomer44 is growing if you are itching to get going.

14/02/2014 at 08:16

I can put them in my Pollytunnle late march and I have them under a grow light 

KEF
14/02/2014 at 08:46

Please post some pics when you've got cumbers on.

14/02/2014 at 19:03

What else do you plan to grow this year.

15/02/2014 at 18:40

Hi i have an experiment to do I will grow in compost and on damp tissue  I have sown scabious,Mellon,love in the mist,morning glory , my local booths are selling my flowers so I sown sun flower,dahlia,dill,fennel,clary,rudbedica,love lies bleeding,and I need some more names but the veg I will grow melons,leek,onions,tomato,potato,sweet corn,carrot,beet root,lettuce 

email image
7 messages