London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
5 messages
15/06/2014 at 09:23

This is the first time I've grown potatoes in the ground (have grown in bags before).  I put in second early in mid March.  They've done really well and are now flowering.  A little early possibly to harvest but being impatient I thought I'd have a little look and there isn't any sign of potatoes.  Not even tiny ones.  Is this normal?  We've had lots of rain so I don't think water is the problem.  Any ideas?

Lil

15/06/2014 at 10:24
Sorry lil, ive never come accross this, do you know the variety? Maybe they just need a little longer. Stupid question time now, did you pull them up or use a fork? The reason i ask, is on heavier soils, the tubera may have been pulled off
15/06/2014 at 11:13

International kidney. I got in there with a fork.  I might sacrifice the whole plant and lift it properly to see what's going on.  At least that way I might have a clue what to do with the rest of the row.

15/06/2014 at 11:21
Thats probably what i would do too, please post the results, im interested to see what happens
15/06/2014 at 13:34

new one to me. did you have any feed under them. too much nitrogen would give big tops.. keep us informed please.

email image
5 messages