London (change)
Today 17°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 8°C
4 messages
08/07/2012 at 16:45

Cand the BBC go back to an hour long GW programme, like it used to be. Whilst I love what we see now on the programme, there isn't enough on growing vegetables and fruit. Not just the pleasant part of growing veg and fruit, but all the problems that can occur.

If we are to get children into gardening, the programme needs to be longer. Could it not be broadcast earlier in the evening too. Education shouldn't stop at 5pm. It has been said that the sale of vegetable seeds now exceeds flowers seed sales. Why then is there not more on GW to cover this. So much more has to be learned about growing veg and fruit yet it gets very little coverage compared to flowering plants.

There are so many questions asked on this site about vegetable growing, lets have more knowledge and tips on BBC GW.

PLEASE.

08/07/2012 at 17:35

Hear hear!!!  But are they listening?

08/07/2012 at 17:45

There was a time when regional ITV did gardening programmes-those have gone-there were also a couple of makeover shows on in the daytime and those have gone as well

Garden ER on 5 lasted one series- one of the presenters is now on the AT LYG-for some reason programme commissioner do not "do " gardening programmes-I am sure that GW is only allowed to continue because it is a "tradition" but that gets dropped for sport and classical music because seemingly there is no other spot for it-I am sure in GH days it started in January/February and went into October.

So at the present time don't hold your breath on an hour long programme or an earlier showing-they are only pretending to listen- if at all

09/07/2012 at 15:32

i agree ..thou even and hour wouldnt be long enough for me.. there is all that other tripe on and proper serious programmes are squeezed in within an inch of their artichokes

email image
4 messages