Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

grapevine

my grapevine was growing lovely was well fed & watered lovely bunches of grapes which i thinned out as this was the first time in ten years the vine had produced fruit i was over the moon, but then disaster, the grapes started to go hard & now they are just like stones, anybody got any ideas or know about this. Thanks  

• steephillsteephill Posts: 2,841

Might be grape shanking, more info here https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=322 If you inspect the hard grapes carefully you might see that the stalk has shriveled. 

• no the stalks look fine it's just the grapes themselves they have gone dark but not shriveled up

• here is a photo of my grapes

• jacquie2jacquie2 Posts: 1

we have a large cannon hall grape vine for 3 years the last 2 years they have all had to be thrown away, as went all dull and dark,  how much should we be watering them, or how little... they were well pruned back, and they were dusted stop this happening we thought, but the same again this year..... we live in Guernsey in the channel Island and the grapes are in a large greenhouse  can anyone help... jacquie