I might have already asked this - as you know I have an issue with my memory and so often forget things. Predominately I've forgotten where I put the list of herbs I want to put in my herb garden area (it must be with that winning lottery ticket).
What herbs do you consider essential in your herb garden? Both for using in the kitchen but also for adding colour and exciting the senses when you're enjoying the garden.
So far I have waiting to go in:
- Thyme (never flowered before - they're so beautiful!)
- Rosemary (by the kitchen door but I'll also put some in the garden)
- Mint (in a pot where its staying!)
- Water mint in the pond (again in a pot that I can lift to trim the roots)
- Bronze fennel (not sure what you do with this - it was saved from future MIL garden and has been sat in a pot ever since)
- Sage (grown from seed and still quite tiny)
- Chives (inc garlic chive)
- Oregano (found some seeds and planted them - now to work out what I can do with the plants!)
What would you add to the collection if you could for year long interest?