Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

I have my first courgette!

Just been out pottering in between rain showers and noticed I have my first courgette! It's the first year I've grown them and given the poor results from most of my veg I wasn't expecting much. However, there's a fruit about 2 inch long and another one looks like it's about to form. I planted 3 plants and potentially they all look like they'll fruit. Quite excited!

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

I like a success storyimageimage

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/thedogcody/obamaclapping.gif

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Congratulations!  You're well ahead of me!image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Goodness Obama's heard about my courgette! image

• jo4eyesjo4eyes Posts: 2,058

I've got 2 already too! But the other 2 plants already compost- thank you slimey brigade, no chance of recovery. Have sown a couple more, nothing to lose, may get something...... J.

• weejennyweejenny Posts: 386

Im growing mine in my wee greenhouse up here in the North Ive had a few now the variety I have this year is like a yellow golf ball dont know what its called. I have a very easy pasta sauce you can make with courgettes if anyone wants it..

• FloBearFloBear Posts: 2,281

Yes please, I have a spare courgette or two. Not from the garden. I feel bound to add.

Congrats on your littl'un quercus!

• weejennyweejenny Posts: 386

This recipe is not that great on the waist line.. but very quick and easy and a great way to hide a veg if you need to.. My eldest son loves it but wouldnt touch it if he knew.. 

courgettes,cooked to a pulp in olive oil or butter, Then season, I use white pepper, add parmesan cheese and cream, herbs if you want.

I wont say quantities as you cant go wrong if you give it a try before serving. Pour over cooked pasta. It tastes great you could even add cooked chicken or ham..

Hope this makes sense image

• Yes please. Ever the optimist I'll get the recipe in readiness for my crop!

• YAY...Brilliant !  image

This is my first year of growing veg and so far I'm really enjoying it..My Courgette plant is doing really well and has about 4 flowers already so Im getting really excited that hopefully I'l get some courgetttes......

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Well done. This year I sowed a courgette plant which produces yellow one's,it has three tiny courgettes on, thought they'd start off green before turning yellow like peppers but they grow yellowimage