London (change)
Today 21°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
4 messages
25/07/2014 at 13:44

Hiya, I just noticed this today. They're at the top of the plant, only two are like it, on the one plant so far.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/53809.jpg?width=178&height=172&mode=max

What I can tell you about them: The toms effected are growing in such a way that rain can hit them and the sun is directly on them, not bouncing off the leaves. We've had no rain in last few days, I water the soil, not leaves.

Ph's all around 6.5. I water same times each day, give or take an hour. A little extra on super hot days, if they dry out. Feed them once a week. Last feed I gave them seaweed instead of tomato feed for the first time. 

I don't know what else to add, that's all I can think of. 

25/07/2014 at 18:41

I'm moving you up the forum Mel. Can't help otherwise, the pic is small and my screen is small. I can barely tell they're tomatoes

25/07/2014 at 20:24

Not sure it's blossom end rot, it's more like deformed fruit caused by lack of water at some point.

26/07/2014 at 08:27

Hard to get a good look at the image because of its small size. Anyway, it's not BER. BER manifests as a distinct patch with a leathery texture. It will gradually darken to almost black. Can you post a larger picture for a closer look?

email image
4 messages