Start a new thread

1 to 3 of 3 replies

Dear gardeners....last year the june drop saw all apples on a tree disappear...blow me, the same thing's happened this year! Why? Does anyone know? Ps great day yesterday at NEC...yearly fix of Monty, Jo and Carol.....

Hmm, last year my apple tree did the same but I put that down to the warm early spring followed by months of cold wet weather. This year the tree has dropped some but there are a fair few swelling up. Is it a big tree? Could it be that they're growing away nicely but out of sight? Fingers crossed the apples are still there secretly growing away.

Betty Brown Eyes

Hi Ritna, only yesterday I was speaking to a gardener at my local nursery and i asked him why, on my pear tree, had all the buds dropped off after flowering, he said that it sounds like I had not been feeding it, only watering it. So he suggested I feed it as soon as I got home with tomato feed and then after a week, sprinkle fish,blood and bone around the base of the tree and water in, he doesn't think I will get fruit this year but if i carry on with his advice, then next year i should be hopeful for a crop.So I will definately feed regularly and then next year as soon as the weather warms, start feeding again, fingers crossed!! Hope this may be of help.