London (change)
Today 11°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 4°C
41 to 44 of 44 messages
15/05/2013 at 08:53

Hi all, thanks again for your advice.

Greenp12 - thanks for the tip! I will certainly try that.  I'm planning a visit to the garden centre this weekend so will look for some alongside my greenhouse!

KEF
15/05/2013 at 17:27

Hi Mizzli, I hope you manage to get tomatoes this year. Seeing your pic' can I suggest that next year you grow tomatoes to put on your balcony in tubs. Sew them  following previous instructions on forum, grow indoors, harden off and plant out when the weather is ok. "Minibel"  from Mr.Fothergills is ideal, bite size, sweet ones,no pinching out, no support needed. You'll get enough from 2/ 3 plants to keep a couple of people going.

KEF
15/05/2013 at 17:29
KEF wrote (see)

Hi Mizzli, I hope you manage to get tomatoes this year. Seeing your pic' can I suggest that next year you grow tomatoes to put on your balcony in tubs. Sew them  following previous instructions on forum, grow indoors, harden off and plant out when the weather is ok. "Minibel"  from Mr.Fothergills is ideal, bite size, sweet ones,no pinching out, no support needed. You'll get enough from 2/ 3 plants to keep a couple of people going.

p.s why not grow some grow & cut salad leaves in a trough, now's about time to sew them in your area.

16/05/2013 at 13:25

Hi KEF,

Thanks for your advice.  I wish I had discovered this forum prior to planting and buying my plants as you guys are all great and knowledgeable! We live and learn...

I am away at the moment and will go to garden centre to buy some pots to separate the tomato plant (I still haven't been able to do it yet) and buy some marigolds to deter any pesky bugs.

It's been as low as 4degree celcius outside and there's still not much growth on the pruned mint and my rosemary has started to turn brown on the edges on new and old leaves.  I changed all the soil and repotted the plants and watered them when I was bringing them out into the new greenhouse.  It appears that the rosemary either didn't like the new soil or being put outside. :/

Pictures to come after Monday!

Thanks all again for your help.  I don't know where me and my plants will be without your advice.  

email image
41 to 44 of 44 messages