Start a new thread

1 to 7 of 7 replies

A neighbour has given me several plants stating they were Mexican hot peppers, so I potted them up and they growing fantastically in the greenhouse but I have a feeling they are cabbages! The leaf is nothing like any other pepper plants I have seen ! 

Any ideas ? 

Will post a pic later 

nutcutlet

Not hard to tell a pepper from a cabbage so if it looks like a cabbage it probably is one. Cabbage leaves have that distinctive cabbagy smell, are there enough leaves to test one?

My thoughts exactly , just wanted to check that it was not a species of pepper I was unaware of , they definately look like they are from the brassica family ! He he 

Green Magpie

They certainly don't look like any peppers or chilis I've ever seen, and do look suspiciously like some sort of brassicas.

Advertisement

Bumped into neighbour who gave me the above , yes they are a cabbage, spring I think , he r are growing great guns in the allotment , mine still in the greenhouse doing well. She said the packet definitely said hot mexican bell and the seeds were 9 years old! Oh well may be making some mexican coleslaw with them. Lol