London (change)
Today 19°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
5 messages
22/01/2013 at 09:20

Jardinier, what a brilliant project, sadly I don't have a basement so cannot copy it. I especially liked the pipe bringing cold air into the floor area, then venting high up.

22/01/2013 at 09:26

sounds like you have got it right,I use to have a pantry with a marble cold slab ,it kept things cool and a good place to store all those jars and bottles.I wish I had one now,you do have to be careful of damp and have it well ventilated.

25/01/2013 at 16:46

We have some friends who built something similar in the stone barn attached to their house. We have a cave (cellar in English) but unfortunately my husband uses it for all his tools; I have got my big chest freezer down there, perhaps I can quietly start spreading out a bit! 

25/01/2013 at 17:59

I have just put some lamb to marinate in my unheated studio overnight, I feel the 'fridge would be too cold and the house would be too hot; a goldilocks situation

KEF
12/07/2013 at 09:39
KEF wrote (see)

I'm no computer boffin, but need to say that just viewed jardiner's posts and clicked on link to look at pictures & NORTON security has informed me that it has "blocked attack" from that site. 

email image
5 messages