Start a new thread

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if the fruits on  my Passionflower are edible ??

. It is a Passiflora cearulea and has flowered continuously for several months now and is covered in green smooth oval fruits....it seems a shame not to do something with them but do not wish to poison myself !!

fidgetbones

Yes they are edible, but caerulea don't taste as good as the ones in the supermarkets.

Alan4711
hi my passionflower Passiflora edulas i think was always a great fruiter when ripe they were orange and tasted great straight off the plant and the plant can grow huge and take over walls ,fences trees im growing 3 again here
Alan

If you want bees in your garden grow the passion flower Caerulea. They go barmy,even trying to enter the flowers before they have actually opened... Grown in a very large pot, fed and watered in a sunny spot will continue growing until late September producing flowers. After wich you can get these lovely orange fruits...Cover with an old jumper in cold districts for winter protection.

Advertisement

addict
Alan4711 wrote (see)
hi my passionflower Passiflora edulas i think was always a great fruiter when ripe they were orange and tasted great straight off the plant and the plant can grow huge and take over walls ,fences trees im growing 3 again here
Alan

They survive for you there Alan? Would love to grow edulas just didn't think it was hardy enough.