London (change)
Today 26°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
5 messages
06/07/2013 at 21:01

Hi I have planted new potatoes in bags for the second year running but some of the leaves have/are going yellow.. also they haven't flowered. They grown to about 1.5 ft.  After removing the yellow plants there were quiet a few good sized potatoes and they tasted lovely.

I have now noticed the potatoes I planted for a later crop have grown to about 2 feet tall and some of those are starting to go yellow.  They also don't seem to be flowering yet either.

Any help or advise would be very welcome

06/07/2013 at 21:04

Not all potatoes flower (I've no idea why) so maybe your potatoes have done their growing and are ready to harvest 

07/07/2013 at 08:48

slightly aside but still on the yellowing plant theme one of my courgette plants leaves have started going yellow, if this some kind of deficiency I need to address perhaps in it's feed?

07/07/2013 at 14:48

If it's the lower leaves that are going yellow I wouldn't worry, as long as the higher ones are looking good.

These are 'Sharpes Express' no flowers out although just little buds showing and the lower set of leaves are yellow.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/26892.jpg?width=307&height=350&mode=max

Flowergirl4, what variety and how many weeks since they were planted and most important have they had plenty of water.

09/07/2013 at 16:29

try epsom salts as it is a deficiency within the soil.

worked for me....

email image
5 messages