London (change)
Today 12°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
5 messages
06/07/2013 at 21:01

Hi I have planted new potatoes in bags for the second year running but some of the leaves have/are going yellow.. also they haven't flowered. They grown to about 1.5 ft.  After removing the yellow plants there were quiet a few good sized potatoes and they tasted lovely.

I have now noticed the potatoes I planted for a later crop have grown to about 2 feet tall and some of those are starting to go yellow.  They also don't seem to be flowering yet either.

Any help or advise would be very welcome

06/07/2013 at 21:04

Not all potatoes flower (I've no idea why) so maybe your potatoes have done their growing and are ready to harvest 

07/07/2013 at 08:48

slightly aside but still on the yellowing plant theme one of my courgette plants leaves have started going yellow, if this some kind of deficiency I need to address perhaps in it's feed?

07/07/2013 at 14:48

If it's the lower leaves that are going yellow I wouldn't worry, as long as the higher ones are looking good.

These are 'Sharpes Express' no flowers out although just little buds showing and the lower set of leaves are yellow.

Flowergirl4, what variety and how many weeks since they were planted and most important have they had plenty of water.

09/07/2013 at 16:29

try epsom salts as it is a deficiency within the soil.

worked for me....

email image
5 messages