London (change)
Today 26°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 19°C
4 messages
19/06/2013 at 12:51

weve started having bright yellow spots all over the leaves and starting on thje stem of one of the raspberry plants, this is the third year weve had them in but not had any problems with them prior to this occurring, anyone have any suggestions as to what it may be and how to effectively deal with the problem, tried several places on line and when you look in to it its normaly something completely different than what you have yourself?

was about to chop the plant down and put it in the rubbish bin but decided to wait untill i can hopefully get some sort of reply on here as to the possibilities.

19/06/2013 at 20:46

Haven't got a clue michael but my (non)answer will get this up to the top and someone might know

19/06/2013 at 21:27

I think it is an iron deficiency. This leads to Chloris - something to do with lacking chlorophyll. If they have a decent amount of fruit on them I don't see any point in grubbing them out.

19/06/2013 at 22:15

Sounds like rasberry virus. Very common. Unfortunately there is no cure and if that's what it is then you will have to dig them up and replant somewhere else in your garden. I hope I am wrong. Google the RHS for more information.

email image
4 messages