Start a new thread

1 to 10 of 10 replies

LorraineP

Should expect to get fruit from the strawberry plants I  bought recently, or is it better to wait until next year?  Seems such a long time to wait.

I got fruit off of my new strawberry plants last year, I didn't stop them and they are good sized plants this year and in flower already.

chicky

Mine fruited happily in year 1 ... By year 3 it is time to start thinking about new ones - hope you get a great harvest this year

LorraineP

I go with it then, mine are also starting to bud and look healthy plants so seems a shame to nip off the forming flowers.  Thanks.

No expert

As they are at their best for only 3/4 years it is a pity to miss out on year 1. The crop will be small but tasty.

Advertisement

Maria de Bois planted Feb.Eaten this morning.

GW free offer.

I'm growing my 2 plants in a fairly large pot.  How often & how soon should I start feeding?  I have a couple of small fruits formed.  Many thanks for any help.

sunnysarah

My strawberry bed was made up off runners from my original strawberry plants and they flowered and fruited (is that a word?) the same year. Just one question when its time to replace can I put strawberries back in same space?

Fairygirl

I use a tomato feed for my strawbs. I use it whenever I water them as they're in a big pot -  more diluted than normal. Once the fruits are forming I stop using it.  You can use slow release food if they're in a pot though. I'd replenish the soil with fresh compost and some FB and B, sarah but as far as I know, you can replant strawbs in the same place.