London (change)
Today 12°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 7°C
21 to 24 of 24 messages
27/07/2012 at 10:45

Dipadee - first, load the photo from your camera to your computer, taking note of where you store it in the computer.

Post here. When you want to insert the photo into the post, click your cursor where you want to insert it. Then click on the symbol third from the right in the menu at the top of the window in which you're writing. It looks like a little green tree.

A new window opens. At the top, you can select whether you're uploading from your computer or an external side. Your computer is the default option so leave it as is. Click on Select. Then navigate to where you stored the photo on your computer and select the photo.

Click Upload.

Then click Save.

The photo should appear within your post where you indicated with the cursor.

27/07/2012 at 10:48
paull2 wrote (see)

Talking of hybrids. Several years ago I was growing a mini-plum variety called Rosada in the GH and someone gave me a couple of yellow plants, probably Golden Sunrise or the like (medium fruit but average flavour), which I remember did not do very well. I kept a couple of Rosada toms for sowing the following year, and when they fruited, they came out as yellow mini-plum, very sweet and a prolific cropper, very dark leaves, which I have continued to grow every year since. Modesty forbids that I should name the variety anything other than 'those yellow things'.

You got a cross. It's always fun to see what you end up with. Do you get identical fruit every season?

27/07/2012 at 18:37

Spraying against blight: you can use either Bordeaux Mixture (but not for much longer) or Dithane. BM clings to the leaves quite well even after rain. If you see the first signs of tomato blight, pick off the affected leaves and spray the rest - there's a good chance you'll slow down the blight enough to save your crop.

27/07/2012 at 19:50

Yes, you can use Dithane. It contains Mancozeb, one of the less pleasant chemicals around. It will wipe out foraging insects, but then, for that matter, so will copper sulfate, one of the ingredients in BM. By the by, I'm bemused by the decision to withdraw BM. There are many nastier products around.

Wiping out foraging insects is one of the unfortunate downsides of spraying. As I've posted here before, about the only anti-fungal spray that doesn't impact on foraging insects is one using chlorothalonil as its base ingredient. It's a synthetic, but is harmless to the insects. Unfortunately it's very hard to get in quantities for domestic use outside the US.

email image
21 to 24 of 24 messages