Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Vegetable Grow Pots

I've been looking at these grow pots and unsure whether they are worth investing in. Has anyone used them and do they help yield more fruit/make it easier to have successful tomatoes and cucumbers etc?? I am thinking if getting 6-9 and planting all my tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers in them, any thoughts / advice welcome. http://www.selections.com/tomato-and-vegetable-growbag-pots-6.html

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

I've not seen them before, but by the description, there is no reason why they wouldn't work. It makes watering easy and the root structure would have more room, which in theory works. They seem new but someone may know more.

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800
    I've seen them on another website but they are twice the price, at ??9.99 for 6 I might give them a go.
    Any more thoughts anyone?
  • I use these for indoor tomatoes and cucumbers, and the extra soil depth really makes a difference at the back end of the season.  You would still need to feed plants regularly,  but I find the grow-pots maintain a more consistent moisture level than just using grow bags. Give it a go!

Thanks Corinne, I think I am going to give them a try, not a lot of feedback but I TK they could be beneficial for a novice like me and they aren't too expensive if bought off the website linked to this one (I can't remember the name). Thanks again.
  • LilylouiseLilylouise Posts: 1,013

I use them for my cucumbers but for my tomatoes I use flower buckets on top of the grobags.

Pam LL x

• LilylouiseLilylouise Posts: 1,013

• That's a lovely picture.

Roll on the hot and productive times.

Wow, your greenhouse looks great. I hope my can resemble something like that this summer as it never has before, fingers crossed.
  • Nice one Pam! image

Did give em a bash last year

but felt no more beneficial than the bottomless flower bucket technique "Lilylouise" as shown, will revert back to that this year! Will give the cucumbers a go in em this Year though! See how we go! image