Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Vegetable Seed Swop

Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

The seed and plant swop thread is doing really well, but seems mainly to be flowers so I thought a vegatable thread could be separate as folks will be saving bean and other seeds just now.

To start it off I have Sweet Corn Mini Pop seeds (38) in original used packet viable up to 2015.

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Good idea for a thread.

I'll need to check through my seed box for swaps but would be interested in the Mini Pop, are they the one's from moreveg, mine did really well this year, so much so, was thinking of buying more.  

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Zoomer - I can't remember where I got them from and it's a bit dark out there tonight.  I will look tomorrow and let you know.  You are more than welcome to have the seeds as I think you and I were growing them for the first time this year.

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Forester - No probs - it'll take me a few days to go through spares in my seed box image.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Does the mini pop stay short, everything here get blown over in the wind.

I have cauliflower All year Round

Tomato Gold nugget

Tomato Ace55VF

Cucumber Perfection

I would like seeds from Roma tomato.Or anything different from above for a change please

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Hello Lyn - no, I found that mini pop plants grow really tall, even taller than normal sized sweet corn.  I don't know if Zoomer's grew like that too.

Zoomer - I thought they might be Marshalls mini pop as I bought quite a bit of stuff from them but they are Johnsons.  If you are still interested PM me with your contact details and I'll pop them in the post.

• Fab idea, i meant to post my veggies yesterday, glad i didnt now! image, some of the packs are thise little white ones that come out of mixed packs, so dont have instructions. image

Cauliflower- all the year round x 2 unopened packs

Endive

Mixed lettuce leaves x 3 packs

Lettuce- little gem

Lettuce- cos

Lettuce - artic king

Land cress

Rocket

Raddish-mixed

Raddish- french breakfast

Raddish- cherry belle

Red brussels sprouts- falstaff x 2

Carrot- mixture of varieties x 5- out of date

Tomato- moneymaker

Beetroot- boltardy, 1 unopened, 1 opened

Beetroot- rhonda, opened

Beetroot - choggia opened

Spinach- giant winter

Spinach- perpetual

There will be other stuff to come, but will be a while as i started late this year image
  • Forgot to put asparagus peas on my list image
  • They were prolific, but im not keen, worth a try and the red flowers are very pretty image