London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
7 messages
09/04/2014 at 18:07

Hi All,

What cucumber are people growing this year?

I am trying space master this season- a small plant that only grows to around 2 ft; will be interesting to see how it holds up! Apparently it's meant to do quite well in a growbag!

09/04/2014 at 18:16

Piccolino and Chrystal Lemon in the poly and Marketmore outside on the allotment.

09/04/2014 at 18:43

Marketmore, as I didn't know if I would have a greenhouse or not, but I do now, which is nice!!

09/04/2014 at 21:15

I'm growing Marketmore, I cheated this year and bought four plants from Aldi

10/04/2014 at 14:10

Marketmore does seem to be far the most popular

I grew it a couple of years ago but wasnt overly impressed by the taste- I may have left the fruits too long before harvesting. Since then I try to harvest fruits when they reach about 5 inches.

Scroggin- C/Lemon sounds interesting! Any pro/cons/recommendations? I have never grown it- I may see if I can start a few; sure they will catch up!

10/04/2014 at 14:30

Hi Crazy Cat,

It will be the first time growing Crystal Lemon but apparently they're a good cropper and easier to digest.

Marketmore has always done well for me, I pick it young and I find the taste very sweet, good cropper too.

14/04/2014 at 23:32

I grow marketmore too its a good proven outdoor verity that always produces very well for me and goes on producing and the taste of mine far far surpasses the rubbish that supermarkets sell you. Feed em good and they produce quality and quantity they may be small but well worth planting ten or so and I never eat them all I have to give some to family who are always happy to get something free

email image
7 messages