Start a new thread

1 to 8 of 8 replies

Can anyone help me ??????

I bought some courgette plants from Tesco`s ( there`s my mistake first off I hear you shout ) Planted them out and sat back to await my usual bumper crop - - - but the plants got bigger and bigger and bigger . . . there were some large yellow flowers and some small round yellow fruits ( tomato sized ) I`ve left the plants to there own devises and now they are like Triffyds - - and I have large almost football sized round yellow fruits - -  - extremly novel - - - i don`t think that they are melons but I could be wrong - - -  Ideas would be appreciated

kate1123

I am envious my courgette plants have not grown at all, what is your secret?

MuddyFork

You can get round yellow courgettes.  Why not pick one and cut it open? 

Berghill

Sounds like a Squash rather than a Courgette.

weejenny

I have the yellow ball courgette this year I was told to pick it at tennis ball size. Mine is doing very well. Id do as MuddyFork has suggested and try one

Advertisement

Lilylouise

I would have said it could be a Pumpkin or Squash,too

Pam x

BobTheGardener

There are dozens of courgette varieties with all manner of different coloured and shaped fruit.  I think you probably have a variety called "One Ball", which produces round yellow fruit.  You've left the fruit on too long if it's football sized - pick 'em now and you'll get more, which you should pick when they're about the size of a tennis ball.

Thanks for all your responses - -  i let them grow because i didn`t know what they were but as you all seem to think they`re edible, I`ll pick one tomorrow and give it a try  - - thank you all - - -