Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

What veggies are you planning on growing 2013?

I have several packets of vegetable seeds already and a lovely T&M brochure waiting to be looked at but am feeling slightly bewildered by it all. Do any of you feel like that?

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

In what way bewildered?image

Too much choice or what?image

• Miss BecksMiss Becks Posts: 3,468

I can't wait! I have sweetcorn, cabbage, cauli, broccoli, toms, bulb onions, carrots and peppers all ready to start off at the moment.Also want to do spuds and peas of some type.image

It was my first year last year, and I started way too late, and we had terrible weather, so I'm hoping this year will be better all round! Quite excited actually! image

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Grew courgette 'Floridor' (yellow balls) last year and they were very successfull so will be growing them this year. Have also bought some Squash seed 2 sorts. The one 'Rolet' it says will grow up a trellis. (not grown before) I have bought some carrot tape to see if I have any more success.! Also going to have a go at sugar snap peas, ate loads last year but was buying them Also usual sorts of bean, ordinary peas. Tomatoes have loads of seeds and not sure which ones yet. Leeks, cabbage, sprouts. Salad stuff

I use DT Brown as well, Have a look - not as pricey as T&M

• JengilJengil Posts: 35

This will be my second year of growing veg. I'm planning to grow early peas, carrots, runner & french beans, tomatoes and salad leaves. I have p.s broccoli in at the mo. I grew sugar snap peas last year but after a good start they rotted when the weather became warmer, which is why I am trying an early variety this time.

Can't wait to get started!

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,032

I'll grow runner beans, Kelvedon Wonder peas, Charlotte potatoes, onions, shallots, red onions (I grow from sets), tomatoes inside and outside, sweet corn, courgettes, butternut squash, cucumbers, lettuces, leeks, everlasting spinach, broad beans, French beans. Don't know about brassicas - they don't do that well here.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • Runner beans do well then i will aiso grow french beans, peas, sweet corn, butternut squash, courgettes, tomatoes, chillies and cucumbers( the last 3 i will grow in the greenhouse). On the allotment i have asparagus, raspberries, strawberries, gooseberries, apple trees , currents and rhubarb. The 5 a day you are supposed to eat are so much nicer in the summer. oh and lettuce. Nearly forgot that one

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Had good results from a grafted aubergine last year; will plant Slim Jim Aubergine from seed in February in green house.

• Red Duke of York, charlotte, Majestic, Picasso and king Edwards in the potato patch. Already chitting on the table in the porch.

Also trying my hand at fruit this year, with strawberries, Raspberries and apple trees.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

Hollie-your not- trust me- you are notimage