Forum home Fruit & veg
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Yellowing courgettes

We moved last autumn.  The veg patch was covered with black plastic but on peeling it back we found that the previous owners had had a bonfire on part of the patch.  Anyway dug the lot over at the start of the season and all is well at the moment apart from my courgettes.  I planted four plants, two are fine but two have yellow leaves.  I don't know if it has anything to do with the bonfire (they are planted roughly in that area), or whether they need a good feed.  Any ideas anyone?  What should I feed them with?  They have been in about 3-4 weeks and are growing.  Haven't a clue if anything was grown on the land last year and if so what.

• ItalophileItalophile Posts: 1,731

That two are fine and two have yellow leaves suggests there's nothing particularly wrong with the soil. Try giving them a feed with a tomato fertiliser. It will provide enough nitrogen to lift the foliage without giving them too much which would lead to foliage growth in lieu of fruit.

• TeenrbeeTeenrbee Posts: 57

Great, thanks for that I will give them a feed today.