London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
7 messages
13/08/2013 at 18:58

I have not long got back from the allotment on a nice summer evening with potatos, beans, carrots and onions.And they are now cooking away ready to go with dinner.

And then for afters blackcurrents in a pie.What could be better,the taste the goodness and you know what you are eating.It makes all the cold and wet winter months so worth it.The battles with the slugs and snails and vermen.

Whar a wonderful way of life we have.

You now know why we do this........lol

13/08/2013 at 19:23

Ditto David, just had salad made with my own tomatoes and cucumber, picked 10 minutes before tea.

13/08/2013 at 19:30

Sounds very nice David, I'll be round in half hour. Save some pie for me. 

13/08/2013 at 19:37

sorry zg guess who just had ALL the pie...lol

And paulah yum yum you know it makes sense......

15/08/2013 at 01:07

Picked some lettuce and onions earlier myself. Had a wander around and then picked all the sweetpea flowers for my grandmother. I was heading back to the car when I spotted beautifully plump raspberries, so stopped for a while, had a mini-feast and watched while the sun slowly dropped down below the hills in the distance.

Beautiful things these allotments of ours, both in terms of what they produce and the wonderful moments when they make you stop, listen, admire and taste all the things that we've worked hard for. Bliss.

15/08/2013 at 06:15

Picked some lovely runners for supper yesterday, and some tender buttery Swiss chard leaves.  While I was picking them I noticed the first of my autumn raspberries had ripened - not enough for a meal but enough for a Gardener's Perk 

There were enough perpetual strawberries ripe to tempt us to get some ice cream out of the freezer to go with them.  I do recommend these Mara de bois perpetual strawberries - they've been fruiting all summer.  We get enough for the two of us to have strawberries with our cereal for breakfast, or with some icecream for supper at least 3 times a week, and it's been like that since June   

15/08/2013 at 08:31

Great to here all the comments.Thats why we do this....

email image
7 messages