London (change)
Today 27°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
3 messages
05/06/2013 at 19:39

Hello everybody!

I moved in a new house recently and my housemates have a little garden very well designed, which receive plenty of sun during the entire day and which also have some shade under a cherry tree. There are basically 3 flowerbeds (50x250cm each). Unfortunately my housemates are absolutely not interested in gardening, so I had to remove all the weeds they let grow in these flowerbeds which now are completely nude.

I would like to take advantage of this little garden which could be really pleasant, and I really like growing things! But the problem is that I am leaving the house at the end of July. So I would like to know if you think it is possible to grow some flowers and other plants from seed in this period of time, very short indeed. I do not need to see all the plants blooming, but at least some leaves would make me very happy! So, as I do not want to grow only marigolds, I would be very happy if you could give me advices.

Thank you very much!

Saru

05/06/2013 at 20:05

Hi Saru, how about some salad crops?  You can get multi-coloured salad leaves, lettuce, radishes etc and they are fast growing.  They can look quite attractive plus you get to eat the results!

07/06/2013 at 19:35

Hi Bob,

Why not? That's a good idea, I could start with these. Other ideas?

Saru

email image
3 messages