Forum home Garden design
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Anyone used woodblocx

www.woodblocx.co.uk Really like the look of this , neater than railway sleepers & not so hard as block work , claims that they last 15-20 years & the reviews seem good . I have a corner to tidy up & one of there designs would work well & im thinking of adding a small retaining wall along the length of my garden fence to hide the eyesore that are concrete gravel boards . Anyone used these & if so any good ?

• hogweedhogweed Posts: 4,053
    I have just watched the video and very impressed.
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • I have my eye on these as well to put in a raised water feature as an earth retainer at the bottom of my sloping vegetable plot. Would love to hear from anyone who's used them before.

• I have three raised beds from them. They are pretty easy to assemble, only bit I found hard was that my ground wasn't very level. I also found them helpful when I had to call them to ask something.

• Tiny01Tiny01 Posts: 72

Thanks .. i think i'm going to try one of there curved corner kits to try & brighten up a dull shady corner we have

Will be using this kit ...

https://www.woodblocx.co.uk/box-curved-corner-1512x1512x350

Will remove the block paving raised bed & level out , so when finished bed (350mm high ) It will cover the un sightly gravel boards

• Very nice. Do push your luck for free delivery as they do it as an offer sometimes!

Called today & tried to blag the free delivery but not having any of it unless i ordered 2 corners & then i'd get free delivery on the 2nd one lol !

Proably will order another but will see how this one works out first , not cheap @ £331 delivered but will do just what i want it to do in this corner image 

• dominomandominoman Posts: 150

They look nice but at that price you could build a lovely rendered wall.  A few breeze blocks cemented together, and then a layer of painted cement render over the top.  Easy to do for a DIYer and would look far more permanent and impressive than these imho.

• hogweedhogweed Posts: 4,053
    I think it will look pretty good Tiny. Photo please when it is done!
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

dominoman - yes I did think about a brick / block work construction with a rendered face but it's not really within the keeping of my garden & the look that I'm trying to achieve . I have 2 log cabins & 1 large wooden arbour adjacent so like to try & keep everything in wood if I can , with that suggestion as well it would need a coping & I'd think it would look to heavy / commercial imho , would of been easy for me as in the construction industry , not cheap I agree but think it will look good when done . 

Hogweed - yes photos will be posted once done , nothing much has changed currently just taken the block paving raised bed down & marken out the position that it will go , I'm going to concrete a small plinth around the edges where the blocks will sit level with the existing concrete path , this when finished will cover the concrete gravel boards that I can't stand lol ! 

Next ill ill be asking what plants to add to it , it's a 100% shaded area I want it to have a woodland theme to it with maybe firns planted in it with soil / compost & bark chippings on top image 

Had a bit of a clearing & started to form the shape image