London (change)
Today 24°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
6 messages
17/02/2014 at 12:31

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has ever built there own potting shed from recycled materials? Having recently lost my greenhouse to the wind, I am looking at replacing it with a potting shed and am planning on building to my own design using mainly recycled materials. Just wondering if it was possible seeing as I havent got the sort of money companies are asking for a new one

Edd
17/02/2014 at 13:50

Yes, i have so it is possible and i highly recommend doing it. You might have to become a skip rat but there is no shame in that and i am sure there are plenty of skips about now (unfortunately).

Have a search on Google for "images for shed from recycled materials" There is some inspirational ideas on there. The best part is, it can be tailor made to suit your needs. I used waggon pallets as my main. They are very versatile and i use them for other things aswell (planters). The hardest part is separating them but there are videos with tips on youtube for that.

Good luck and please let me know if you need a hand with the plans.

Kind regards

Edd 

P.S. Mine is on wheels!

17/02/2014 at 16:19

Sarahandrob try Gum Tree.com I got a smasher for £15 quid.Also your local Double Glazing firm for scrap windows.Best O Luck.

17/02/2014 at 19:56

We did it on our allotment, the only things we bought were 4 good posts for the corners, the rest was all from skip dives or dumped stuff - got some clear (ish) corrugated plastic too so made an almost greenhouse too!

19/02/2014 at 09:14

Thanks for the tips and advice. Will definately have a go.

19/02/2014 at 16:25

please post picture when its finished 

email image
6 messages