Forum home Garden design
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Everedge steel lawn edging?

Has anyone used this product, or similar?

Im planning on buying some Everedge steel lawn edging for when I landscape my garden this spring, but wondered if anyone here has any experience of using it? It looks perfect for edging curved areas...

https://www.everedge.co.uk/Scripts/everedge/default.asp

https://www.everedge.co.uk/prodImages/plthumb-205x182-EECutDiag5.jpg

https://www.everedge.co.uk/prodImages/plthumb-205x182-classic-small1.jpg

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

I saw Alan Titchmarsh use it in one of his itv Love Your Garden programmes.

Havent used it myself as I prefer an edging spade, but it looked very effective on the curved lawn he laid,

Maybe if I was less of a fuddy duddy, I'd try it.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Maybe if I was a millionaire I would use it but a 30.00 to 40.00 a metre its right out of the question.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 1,496
    Lyn wrote (see)

Maybe if I was a millionaire I would use it but a 30.00 to 40.00 a metre its right out of the question.

Thats for a pack of 5 though. So more like £8 per meter.

Im wanting to use it in-between a new cobbled path and lawn, with the lawn slightly higher than the path so I can mow over it. Im laying a curved path and the steel edging strip should make life easier.

• I like the idea but again want to know from others about staying putness and longevity!

• Do you sink it or leave level, what if you run off edge and mover blades hit it, ouch!

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488
    * Red Dahlia * wrote (see)

Do you sink it or leave level, what if you run off edge and mover blades hit it, ouch!

My mower had hit my wooden sunken edging and it took a chink out of it and bent the blade causing it to gauge the lawn.

I liek the idea of the metal edging as pointed out it works with curves. I have seen a very similar edging used in my local park and it seems to work a treat and that is with council workers.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    LeadFarmer wrote (see)
    Lyn wrote (see)

Thats for a pack of 5 though. So more like £8 per meter.

Im wanting to use it in-between a new cobbled path and lawn, with the lawn slightly higher than the path so I can mow over it. Im laying a curved path and the steel edging strip should make life easier.

Thats not so bad then, in the top pic of the OP it shows its put in the ground up to the top of the spikes.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

It looks like an instrument of torture!

• LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 1,496
    Forester2 wrote (see)

It looks like an instrument of torture!

You must garden differently to me image

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

The second picture you posted LeadFarmer I thought looked like something they used in Medieval times for naughty people.