London (change)
Today 13°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
41 to 60 of 156 messages
26/07/2014 at 11:55

You flatter me Beaus Mum

I think I just grow so much stuff that some of it has to do well by the law of averages. 

26/07/2014 at 12:06

Yes Beaus Mum it was Smiths. Its still owned by the same people but in the last couple of years they've given it abit of a facelift. That's also happened to Flowerland in Iver.

26/07/2014 at 12:30

I think Victoria sponge a little of that law of averages works good for me too  The other day I got out the tins I keep all my plant labels in of what I have brought since I have lived here which is 7 years now and after only a short look through I could have cried as more than a third of them I have never seen again! After this summer I'm def gonna really think through where I want to go with my garden 

26/07/2014 at 12:31

Loving the face lift garden maiden as still pop there often as work in uxbridge and my family still live there Especially fond of the big breakfast 

26/07/2014 at 14:08

Thanks for all the nice comments about the house and garden I have more time than most now Im not at work so its easier to keep it neat and tidy.  Although I have always been a keen gardener.  At one house I had a huge garden and never enjoyed it because the majority of it always looked a mess and needed work.  At this house I can leave it for a bit if I dont feel up to it and know it will still be OK.

26/07/2014 at 15:45

I'm feeling that way about my cottage style garden Yviestevie it always looks a mess and needs work  Think I'm going English country style after this summer but don't tell my OH 

I think you must always feel up to it as your home and gardens are beautiful 

26/07/2014 at 17:03

Know what you mean Beaus Mum

Hoping to do a big cut down in Sept when the little fellas are back at school.

26/07/2014 at 19:43

Garden maiden I made a start as first time all week it's been comfortable enough to get out there! 

Knackered now though 

26/07/2014 at 21:15

Its been v hot apart from putting out my washing.

26/07/2014 at 21:22

Its cooled down a lot here but no rain yet. Thanks for your nice comments BM but in my mind I would garden all day but some days due to arthritis in my back I cant do so much.  Ive recently had my back injections so I can do a bit more at the minute, by the way you wouldnt say my house was nice if you could see the dust, you can write your name in any room you choose but its so nice I'd rather do the garden.

26/07/2014 at 21:42

NGCARDS whats the name of the red rose? Looks so healthy.

26/07/2014 at 21:45

Wow Yviestevie, I love your house and front garden. What pretty windows and I love the doorway with the 'roof' so pretty.

26/07/2014 at 22:41

Garden maiden even hanging out the washing is too much  I've just been hanging mine over the bannister, how lazy is that 

Youre brave Yviestevie having those injections and hope they last a while after each time.  I've never heard of arthritis in a back before, must be awful 

As for dust who cares? Certainly not me  I've got plenty! My latest trick is painting all dark furniture paris grey and then the dust never shows 

26/07/2014 at 22:58

Thing with dust is, it comes back so leave it a while.

BM I ducked out before the sun moved round and again afterwards.

26/07/2014 at 23:08

leave it a long while I say  or just an hour before anyone is due to visit run riot with a wet cloth!

27/07/2014 at 10:06

I'll remember that

27/07/2014 at 18:49

Hi all hope you all had bit cooler day today 

We still haven't had rain here.  Have been to my mums today who lives approx 15 miles away and they had lots of rain couple of days ago, weather is weird!

My mum is recovering after big op so been over today to help and best job was harvesting all her lavender bushes in her front garden.  She is 75 and her gardens are kept so neat and lovely bless her  Cant believe I didn't take a pic! Was too busy upsetting all the bees 

Mum didn't want the laveneder so have come home with the lot! Car now smells wonderful 

27/07/2014 at 21:34

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, beaus mums mum, and hugs too. Hope she's ok beaus mum. 

27/07/2014 at 21:49

So kind of you star gaze, hopefully the worst of it all is over now, tomorrow is big day and we should know what's doing after then. I shall send her your hugs  She knows all about my new found friends on this forum and it has been lovely to tell her all about it when we visit her 

27/07/2014 at 22:03

Hope your mums feeling better BM and that she has a speedy recovery.

Thanks Lilly glad you like the house, we loved it the minute we set eyes on it.  Not all the windows are original but the one in the picture is.  The house has a lot of original features, it even has a well in the conservatory and when we came to view the house I really liked the mosaic that was in the bottom in blue and white tiles.  When we moved in I mentioned this to hubby and he had a look and said 'thats not a mosaic its a towel', we had quite a few 'discussions' about this and in the end I asked a friend who climbed for a hobby to take a look

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/54007.jpg?width=270&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/54008.jpg?width=270&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/54009.jpg?width=270&height=350&mode=max

Well he has to be right occasionally.

41 to 60 of 156 messages