Today 9°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 10°C
61 to 80 of 156 messages
27/07/2014 at 22:12

Oh Yviestevie what a story, made me laugh out loud 

The pics are brill and how exciting to have the well in your home 

Nice tea towel! Hope you kept it 

27/07/2014 at 22:15

Wow, Yviestevie, thats a geat hidey hole. Although you would have to ask your friend to hide/retrieve your belongings lol.

27/07/2014 at 22:18

I dont think Id want to hide in it as its really deep.  My grandaughter likes to sit on the glass lid and play but her mum isnt keen.  When I first walked on the glass it made me feel a bit funny but we are used to it  now. 

27/07/2014 at 22:19

Beaus mum, how lovely she knows about us, a little get well gift......

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/54013.jpeg?width=238&height=212&mode=max

27/07/2014 at 22:19

sorry yviestevie I didn't say thank you for your best wishes to my mum, thank you

here is my booty of lavender

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/54014.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

27/07/2014 at 22:20

star gaze we posted same time  thank you for the beautiful lily x I will tell her about it tomorrow

27/07/2014 at 22:20

No problem, What are you going to do with the lavender

27/07/2014 at 22:27

Wow, Yviestevie, thats a geat hidey hole. Although you would have to ask your friend to hide/retrieve your belongings lol.

27/07/2014 at 22:46

Just saw your previous post about the glass lid, must have posted messages the same time. Your granddaughter must be well brave like you! Think I'm with her mum and would be well wobbly legged 

As for the lavender think I'm going to do in bunches for around the house 

If I ever get the sewing machine out of the box that my sister has lent me I could try making bags but don't think that will happen anytime soon 

Have you got any ideas of what else I can do as I know how creative you are 

28/07/2014 at 09:40

Hi BM you could tape it into tissue bags and put in drawers, especially where you store the bed linen.  I did wonder if you add small amounts to the oil you put in those little oil burners.  I often add citronella in a vain attempt to keep mozzies away. By the way, the glass is over an inch thick and weighs a ton I dont think I could crack it with a hammer.

28/07/2014 at 11:00

Hi all, I was lucky enough to inherit a beautiful 40 year old Japanese Maple tree in my - north east facing - front garden when I moved here 4 years ago.

I had someone - who know's what they are doing, unlike me -  around in early March to give it a proper trim. It is full of green leaves at the moment, which have a tinge of red along the outer edges. I personally love it the most in autumn, when the foliage turns an almost glowing orange and then red. Then those darn winds come along and blow all the leaves off for another year!

I keep trying to upload pics on here, but the GW site is having none of it. I think I am doing something wrong as everyone else seems to be doing fine  Will get my more technically minded husband to have a look later.

28/07/2014 at 15:19

pics from bekkie hughes,  arnt they lovely and im sure she will describe properly when she is next on x

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/54085.png?width=512&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/54086.png?width=512&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/54087.jpg?width=480&height=350&mode=max

28/07/2014 at 15:21

sorry bekkie had nightmare with the 3rd one and now its not the right way up, sorry x

28/07/2014 at 15:38

Yviestevie, didn't mean for you to hide, meant to hide your special belongings when on  hols etc.

What a lovely basket of lavender, Beaus mum

28/07/2014 at 15:42

Thank you Yviestevie for the sewing machine less tip and def will do 

I wouldn't be able to answer the oil burner query as don't have one myself but sure someone has tried before, anyone???? 

Still think you're very brave on your well cover no matter how thick it is

Mrst I share your nightmare in uploading pics, can't do on my old type iPad and have to do via lap top which I have just about got the hang off after lots of coaching from my other other  half my technical minded great one 

look forward to seeing your acer, sounds lovely  I had one in a tall blue glazed pot in my front garden for about 10 years and was a beauty till the snow year before last and where I live in chesham was officially coldest night in Britain on the news and that was it acer gone! 

28/07/2014 at 15:43

Thank you star gaze, been putting it about today and smells lovely 

28/07/2014 at 15:49

Beaus mum, you've been putting it about, tsk tsk 

28/07/2014 at 15:58
Thanks for adding my pics BM! X

This is more of a what not to do! Its what happens when you dont plan,and think -i havent grown a grape vine, so i will buy two and plant them next my path! All lovely plants individually, but would benefit from some forethought!

The sweet pea is self sown, the agapanthus were deliberate, but get bashed by the gate! It could really do with taking out and re-doing
28/07/2014 at 16:00
Sorry the pics were a pain! Thank you very much x
28/07/2014 at 16:25

No trouble at all, now I know what I'm doing it will be easy next time

Your pics are really beautiful and if this is you with not what to do you must be amazing when doing what you should do ! 

Star gaze, can't believe I didn't spot that one asI typed lol

61 to 80 of 156 messages