Forum home Garden design
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

garden design and plants

I have a garden 10m long and 11m long of play area. I also have a shed 6m wide by 5m in red and yellow bricks outhose. The garden has a 700mm wide path center of garden filled with peashingle. Its a square garden. I also have 700mm wide gap around the garden for plants and trees which i need at the moment its covered in peashingle.. and center of the garden is filled with grass on both sides of the center pathway. Infront of the outhouse i have one 2.5m x2.5m square gap on each side of the garden in the squares i want to have a feature...maybe a waterfountain on one side and other side a wooden thick fish pond. Around the two squares i want to add long thick wooden beams varying different sizes starting from 0.5m high and going around semi circle of the squares and center will be height of 2.5m ....and infront of the wooden beams i can add the fish pond on one square and a water fountain on the other square. I also would like to add the big white heavy stones around somewhere... 1) I want to have almost meter wide diameter blue ceramic plant pot one on each side infront of the shed with a wide plant thats quite tall about 4m high and has to be very wide so it hides bit of the shed as i dont it to be the focal point of my garden. Anyone recommend a wide plant for my massive pots would like it to be colourful too? What about them oily plants look like xmas trees something similar to that where the leafs dont fall off during season change... 2) i want tall amazing tropical plants about 4m high so the garden looks like a different world filled with amazing plants tall and short colourfull plants....

• sandy20sandy20 Posts: 8
    The bushes on left is from next doors.
    The slabs are burried temporary basis...not sure what colour tiles. Maybe black to bring it out...
    The bushes on left is from next doors.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

now THAT'S  a shed.

Devon.
    Haha me and uncle have built that...you shouldve seen the garden before complete jungle..took almost 3 skips of dirt ad the ground went higher at the back. And to level the garden was a nightmare plenty of raking and rotavator.

My only problem is i dont know the names of plants...i want plants where the leafs dont fall off during winter season if there are any like that please mention them...

I want to the add plants and mini fern trees on the sides just to hide the squareness of the garden from sides....
    The shed doors we made ourselfs as it was cheaper....inch thick marine plywood weatherproof...least we can open the whole thing in summer or on a special occassion... saved about 3k there on proper doors.