Forum home Garden design
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Grrrr!!!

B3B3 Posts: 27,481

I've just seen a vineweevil crawling up the outside of an upstairs window and I can't get at itimage

In London. Keen but lazy.

• B3B3 Posts: 27,481

I'M TEMPTED

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,884

imageWho're you going to call 'Bug Busters'

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Has it got a rope and crampons B3?

Or a bungee? 

The b***er...   image

You may have to get a big ladder out....image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,352

About 3 weeks ago I reported finding a 2" long black slug 6' up my (upstairs) bedroom wall (inside) - absolutely gross .

Since then I've found another 2 - both upstairs, inside - different rooms. 

With the first one I speculated whether the cat had brought it in but the second two have definitely scaled the outside wall (slime trail over the windows). This means they have climbed about 20 foot over brick and rough render. I thought slugs didn't like feeling rough surfaces under their ickle tummies....image

Fat, long, black slugs are bad news outside - even worse inside image

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

T'bird - we have them climbing the outside walls regularly here - and it's a crushed shell render. Kinda puts paid to the myth that a ring of those round a plant will stop them  image

I posted this photo before but again, if anyone thinks eggshells or anything similar will stop hungry slugs...

...that's a thistle it's wrapped round  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,352

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Slugs and snails absail into my garden....image

• B3B3 Posts: 27,481

absnailimage

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Eww!!

• karen paulkaren paul Posts: 230

Eeugh! Slugs make me feel queasy. We used to get a lot of those mottled green ones under the stairs where we kept the sack of dog food, they must be able to smell dog food a mile off. We keep it in a bin in the shed now and they head for there. I get the odd vine weevil too b3 but its lily beetles I often have a battle with.