London (change)
Today 12°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 6°C
21 to 23 of 23 messages
06/01/2013 at 17:53

okay decision made, plants ordered and arrive tomorrow. Could be a mistake, but we'll see. I decided on the box hedge. It was my first thought and there are 4 good examples near to my house and all are healthy and look good. I looked at all the other options either other peoples hedges or in garden centres, but my mind was already on the box and nothing else seemed to be right. Also I am putting lavendar along the path leading to the door.

Unfortunately due to cost, the box plants will be very small to start with, so I think I will have to put up some kind of other barrier until it is established... like Rudolf says.

I also have an apple, pear and plum tree arriving for the back garden. Together with 2 sorbus: J rock for the front and Chinese Lace for the back.

I have spoke to a local saw mill who is going to make 2 raised beds, one for the back for veggies and the other for herbs at the front.

I have a long list of shrubs and herbacious plants for the grden side of the hedge, but they will come a couple at a time as and when can be afforded and time permitting.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Bill

06/01/2013 at 21:37

Can we see photos later in the year please?

10/01/2013 at 18:23

started planting, photos in other post, shrub suggestions

email image
21 to 23 of 23 messages