Hi all, i am moving into our first house this Thursday (!). The garden is SE facing, approx 9m wide and 22m from back of house to end of garden, picture below:-
I am looking for ideas on what i could do with the garden. My brother is a builder so has offered labour as needed, and has initially suggested adding a ground soak as there is no drainage from the roof gutters (they just drain into the garden), and alslo relay the patio. I will probably do this later in the autumn as i would like to enjoy my first garden fro the remainder of this summer.
What i would like (though i'm not sure if there is room for all of this!):-
- Herb garden
- A place to sit in the SE corner to catch the evening sun
- Patio area extending the house for entertaining outdoors and to catch the morning sun
- Grassed are for lazing in the sun!
- Area for childs play
- Unsure if i need a greenhouse?
- Area to store the house bins (2 large wheelie bins)
- Compost heap / bins? (do i need this?)
I am considering speaking to a garden designer, but am reticent in spending £300 to £600 on the basis of a website - can anybody recommend any good designers in South Wales?
I welcome and and all advice!