Forum home Garden design
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Paving concern

Any thoughts on this paving? I think the front and back grout lines should align with each other but the landscaper has laid the back paving in line with the back wall (our garden is an odd shape). He said that to make them align, the back paving would have to be wider at one end than the other but I think that would be preferable. It throws all the lines of the garden off. Do you think he should have consulted me on this first? I want to get it rectified but suspect we will have to pay as it is essentially cosmetic. https://flic.kr/p/w4ygut

• Kai_63Kai_63 Posts: 81
    Yep it is seriously bugging me but some people I spoke to barely noticed. The middle bit will be lawn but it is still very noticeable, for me. Thanks!
  • My vote would go with both bits of paving being aligned BUT with lawn in situ and some pots, I suspect you won't notice.

Thank you. I am going to see if it can be changed but if not, any tips to help disguise would be great!
    Interesting! I don't know if I am clever enough to adjuSt the photo, besides it is so bad in my eyes that I can't understand how anyone couldn't see the issue! Try copy and pasting this:

flic.kr/p/w4ygut
    flic.kr/p/w4ygut

I did but I'm on a phone so may not be working!
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 8,719

Kai_63, yes,  agree with you, we had paved drive laid in lat house, asked for it to be done particular way(costs loads!!!) First row was not how we agreed, kept asking, in the end Hubby just took them out and re-laid them as we asked.  I wouldnt notice as much as him, but he would point it out.  Friend had conservatory built, side of house one colour, back different.Work started while he was at work, wrong colour, a couple of years down the line its going to Court!  Maybe a tad extreme for paving, though!!!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

He who pays the piper calls the tune! image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 8,719

That should be the case Dove!

Thank you. Do you think it would be normal for me to pay the extra to get this rectified now? My main concern is whether they have the time as they are due to start other jobs on Monday.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

That's what I would do - they might have to start the other job a day later than originally planned - not an unusual situation in building work in my experience (having been married to a builder )image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.