London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
41 to 60 of 85 messages
05/07/2013 at 10:33

Lovely Verdun. Wish they would enlarge.  Only just seen this post. How did I miss it? We've waited so long for these photos, but you did send some once before. We knew you were an expert.

05/07/2013 at 10:37

Wow, it's fabulous, what an absolute delight.

05/07/2013 at 11:17

Hi....bit sheepish.  Meant to wait until grasses and perennials were out.  It's the grasses I think make my garden

Thanks though. BusyL. What I want is a garden your size.  

05/07/2013 at 19:27

Just found this thread. Fabulous garden, Verdun. Do your neighbours try to live up to it? And when is your open day?

05/07/2013 at 19:57

is this him

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/26830.jpg?width=264&height=350&mode=max

05/07/2013 at 21:43

Open day?  Not that arrogant I hope GG.  

I hope to persuade more of you to grow grassss so will post some pictures of them soon.  Nobody seems to enthuse about agastaches either so a pic of some of these might tempt you when they open fully.  And a new tender salvia called Amistad now opening. It looks stunning even though not fully out yet

05/07/2013 at 22:09

Verdun i've got a full tray of mixed Agastaches in the greenhouse going outside on Sunday hopefully they do well for me in the garden. 

06/07/2013 at 00:18

Andy, be interesting to see them

06/07/2013 at 07:17

Verdun i will post a photo tonight of them for you to see busy day ahead gardening club outing.

06/07/2013 at 09:17

Ok, enjoy your day Andy

07/07/2013 at 20:10

Hello,friends, When i think about create a garden than i not think that which rose i grow. but after some time i decide red rose and yellow rose. After i successes in my first garden than i create one more garden and this garden have all types of flowers. I am making my new web site about flowers please check it for more details about flowers garden please click here Flowers Images

07/07/2013 at 21:11

david1david - advertising - reported!

07/07/2013 at 21:16

Reported it on another thread too Sue 

07/07/2013 at 22:46

I have just planted agastaches, Verd, grown from seed by moi.

Thought you might have opened your garden under the NGS, or even be part of an open village. You have too much sense of humour to be arrogant, cos humour goes with a sense of proportion.

07/07/2013 at 23:39

Gardening Grandma, Do you have a garden assistant?  moi?

I'm always being pushed fo either show my veg or my garden in the local show.  I feel it would spoil my enjoyment of growing purely to eat, as in the veg section, or of growing for competition.  I am a very competitive person but in the garden I dont want that edge.....make sense?  We all have the best gardens because they're our own creation and what makes us happy....???

Nice sentiments tho GG..thanks

08/07/2013 at 00:19

Verdun just not good enough!!!!!...the pics not the garden...thats fabulous. Can't enlarge to look at the plants  have to know whats in there lol.

08/07/2013 at 08:50

Verdun sorry tried a few times to upload photo and it's not letting me will keep trying for you have not forgot. 

08/07/2013 at 09:29

I have grown agastache, but not always successfully. One year they were Apricot Sprite that I grew from small bought plants, they were super. Then I tried a purpley one but it didn't thrive. I've tried sowing them but they didn't germinate. This year I have a pink one called Heather Queen bought as plug plants. They are still tiny, have only just started growing and I planted them out in May. They rarely last the winter here. What am I doing wrong?

08/07/2013 at 11:24

Hiya busyL

My varieties include black adder and sangria that survived the winter.  I have Blue Boa, raspberry summer. and a couple of others too.  I'm taking basal cuttings of all of them to,overwinter in the GH.  

Its the wet that agastaches don't like down here so I guess I could treat them by covering with raised sheet of glass.  They are bit tender so cold will kill them too. Its third year for me with black adder and sangria but others are new so very much a learning curve.  However, from young small plants they are, most of them, in full flower. black adder, for example, is 4 or 5 feet tall.  Blue boa is 3'.  Eye catching, erect and long flowering.  Will post pictures in couple of weeks so forum can judge them

18/07/2013 at 12:24

Wow verdun your garden is amazing!

I am new to gardening and after advice what are the tall trees and rounded trees in your garden called?

Would love to recieve any advice from you!

41 to 60 of 85 messages