London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
5 messages
05/04/2014 at 11:31

Hello,

my dog recently died and it's barried in the backyard. I want to make over that place some kind of "memorial part". I want this to look something like this.

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/1g/iB/oXxHXc2/1/l.jpg

I need you help in choosing right type of plants for doing this. It should height ~30-50 cm, and about half of day exposed to direct sunlight. Also I want it to be a plants whose live many years, not just one.

Any suggestion?

05/04/2014 at 11:32

The whole part is about 1x1.5 m big.

05/04/2014 at 11:34

Milan, is the green area grass and you want planting in the red area?

05/04/2014 at 20:26

Euonymous emerald n gold would be quite nice there...evergreen, variegated leaves and easily shaped. 

06/04/2014 at 07:33

@Verdun

Thanks. I just went yesterday in some nursery garden and they also said I could use that plant for the letter.The thing is @MrsGarden and @Verdun, I want that green area around letter also to be some plant, not grass. I was thinking about Buxus sempervirens but since it is green (sometimes light green) and this plant is yellow, but also going to green, I am not sure how good contrast would be. I don't have to use Buxus sempervirensThis is just my ideo for that green area. It doesn't have even to be green.

About that Euonymous emerald n gold, does it grow same speed with Buxus sempervirens? Can those grow together?

email image
5 messages