Forum home Garden design
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Shabby Chic Anyone?

Does anyone share my love for interior design styles specifically Country, French and Shabby Chic and would like to chat about and share ideas here?

I love to grow flowers in the garden that I can cut and display indoors like the beautiful pictures I dream over in all my interior design mags image

Please see pic of my big favourite right now.  I love it image it is called Scabiosa, Caucasica Blue. I was inspired by Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic books

Will love to hear from you

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

BM - know nothing about interior design, but love that scabiousimage

I do the shabby bit quite well, just never managed the chic to go with itimage -chick by name, not by natureimage

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I do a good shabby as wellimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

chickyimage. I'm sure that's not trueimage

That scabious is gorgeous Beaus Mum. Afraid I'm not into interior design either but hope someone will be along who is.  Now, where's my notebook of wanted plantsimage

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

Awww thanks all for your comments and I'm sure your homes are not at all shabby! 

Glad you liked the flower which I have got in white too, really really pretty.  I'll go in my shed tomorrow to find the name of that one in case you fancy adding that to notebook of wanted plants LesleyK image

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

That's a very pretty flower image I have accidentally done shabby chic around my veg patch and posted a pic on the gardening thread calling it just that image I have no idea about interior design, apart from what I see on TV, but here is my shabby chic part of the garden in case you missed it on the other thread image

It's all filled out a bit more since I took these so looks even more shabby, I'll try and get some tomorrow. 

• Lily 3Lily 3 Posts: 49
    OL flippin heck nothing shabby about that ! ! Looks fine n dandy to me ! You want to see my veg patch ! As it wa a weed patch last year when we moved in n I didn't want to use chemical weed killers - mistake ! The weeds are on the rampage and however hard I try I feel it's a loosing battle - really like you can't imagine. After being use to gardening in a city and minimal weed problem - well compared to this ! BM - stunning flower, very jealous. That's one of the 'weeds' I do like in the veg patch wild scabious, similar but no where near as impressive.

As for interior design I defo do shabby extremely well ! And as for French country style I tell you most of the French are not very good at that ! Trust me I live in the French countryside and a lot of their house are defo more shabby than chic country stylee. Bet your doing it great, love to see some pics. N keep posting !

Thanks Lily, but you can't see into my veg patch over the fence, most definitely shabby (and weedy!) at the moment !  I must admit, this is my favourite bit of the garden and the most colourful......some of it totally by accident image

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

Good morning Orchid Lady &Lily3 

Love your veg patch Orchid Lady, it is so pretty especially with the flowers growing through the picket fence, picture perfect image Look forward to seeing the up to date pics today.  Wishing I had room for veg patch but my garden is just too small

Lily3 I am very jealous of you living in France and it is a day dream of mine to move there one day.  Have you lived there long? Is the gardening very different to that in the UK?

Would love to see pics of your garden

Hope you both have sunshine today image

Here you go, taken this morning, you can just see a sunflower popping up at the back (keeping my sprouts company). There is more veg inside the picket fence but in the pots you can see there are chillies, tomatoes and green beans. My Canfytuft seems to have stopped flowering image My very own Nigel wanted to get in on it too (aka Ollie)

I really do need to paint that back fence image