Forum home Garden design
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Shabby chic

Hi all. I want to create a cottage garden with a shabby chic/vintage feel Plant ideas and decorative ideas wise, I know I want white lavender, and I cannot get enough of crocuses! I could use some creative ideas please ^_^

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

Hi harriet

My niece showed me a great search in google images that I think will give you some lovely ideas of what I think you may like image Type 'tumblr gardens' and see what you think image

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Harriet, this is my Cottage Garden at the moment;

As you can see, at this time of the year it is a tangle. There are Hollyhocks planted from seed this spring which will flower next year, Roses, Verbena Bonarienses, herbs in pots, Cosmos, Gypsophila etc.

Oh artjak, perfect garden image You so knew I would love it image

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

BM image, but I think I should change the name to 'Water Butt Cottage'image It's impossible to take a pic without water buttsimage I've got 4 of them as I know plants prefer rain water.

Hope the pics are of some use to Harriet.image

Water butts make for a perfect cottage garden image

Hope we get some more pics image Sorry I'm greedy x

• Hi all. Thanks for your help, and I love your garden artjak! It is beautiful, Ty for sharing x

You're welcome Harriet and hope you keep us posted with your plans image

You may like our shabby chic thread, I'll bump it to top of latest posts for you image 

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

I love your garden Artjak with plants everywhere you look and lots of surprisesimage

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Artjak it looks lovely image