Forum home Garden design
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Tumblr garden

Following visit from my young nieces today they showed me this search in google

It brings up the most beautiful pictures of gardens, some gorgeous ideas to inspire

Try it image

Have no idea what tumblr actually means!! image

• BizzieBBizzieB Posts: 885

Good morning  image googled 'tumblr' (odd word) seems to mean using old and/or unusual items for garden plants/design.The site gallery is worth looking at, not least to realsie that many of us do re-use things in different ways

this is tumblr image galvanised bucket holding flowers

old or new wheelbarrows, belfast sinks, packing boxes, household items....used as planters, and design using reclaimed wood, stone,  anything really. Interesting

Thought of you BusyLizzie seeing a green colander used as a hanging basket.

So, any more tumblr gardens? image 

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    What a clever idea image
  • Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

Good morning Bizzie

Really strange but I couldn't find the meaning of the word at all last night! But my Internet was doing strange things! Think it was the rain! image

Thank you for researching and love the picture, so pretty image

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

tumblr's a forum as well - my daughter uses it all the time. I thought that's what you meant! image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Tumblr is a blogging platform.  Monty Don used it at one time.

If you search Tumblr gardening you'll get pictures/blogs about gardening that have been posted by bloggers. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Ah, so that's what I found - a blogging forum, there were odd comments from people as well as the gallery of photos. 

Just goes to show use a word often enough and it becomes the norm. Anyway, I surmised (hesitate to say guessed) from the things shown on the gallery that was what Tumblr meant.

Good grief, we've all been tumbrl - ing since the year dot !image in the garden anyway.

No you're right fairy as was young niece who showed me! 

I just loved all the images it brought up image

Yes, Beaus mum, the images are inspirational image 

that car tyre with what looked like deep purple clematis (or petunia, photo a bit dark) was unusual and the tulips growing in clear glass containers, very effective.

Also saw a bedroom design for the spare room  image I don't get out much! image 

image Bizzie you sound as bad as me! I'm actually looking forward to tonight when I can have a proper good browse through them all! Obviously I don't get out much either image

We can compare notes later image

Just popping out now 

Ttfn x