London (change)
Today 10°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 10°C
7 messages
29/04/2013 at 15:35

I think its time to do a few window boxes i have a couple done already with pansy and lobilia but what are your favourites? 

My verbina is still a little small though my surfinias are rapidly getting up to size.  Anyway how do you like to fill yours.

29/04/2013 at 17:15

As I've only got my kitchen windowsills for window boxes I use them in the summer for  cut and come again saladings, then plant them up in the autumn with miniature daffs, iris reticulata and violas.

29/04/2013 at 18:46

That is a nice idea, very near to hand. I usually have a herb trough indoors (usually in the living room my kitchen is north facing).

As my front door (only door) is south facing I try to make it look welcoming. 

I should do a little project and make an arch to go round the entrance.

29/04/2013 at 19:02

At the moment I have some bugle and some pretty small  blue bulbs, think they might be scilla

Like the idea of cut and come again salads figrat

04/05/2013 at 08:09

Trailing heuchera ,and fuchsia,and diasica.

I have also been known over the years to grow salad baskets.

Which I still have to plant them up.

10/05/2013 at 08:55

Either all one thing (ok, maybe two) or cram em with zillons of different things! More is more, for me. Lavenders with purple bacopa underneath is nice. I've also underplanted summer bedding with little daffs, iris retic, white muscari, and smaller alliums. All did well. I do like heuchera in trough-shaped planters, though vine weevils are a menace. I'm considering red pelargoniums with golden creeping jenny this year...

10/05/2013 at 10:26

Auntie betty, I love the sound of lavender with purple bacopa

email image
7 messages