Forum home Garden design
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

work in progress

this is my allotment when  i got it last year .just thought i'd share a few photo's of how me and the mrs have done to the place . what do you think

image<

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..a quite marvellous job... and that shed and seating area.... well, I wouldn't want to leave..

• bazabaza Posts: 670

its a heat trap in the summer i have drag myself away to go home . thanks for the compliment salino

a few more photos

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..it seems like an extension of one's garden really and I like that very much, with the fencing, barbecue...flowers and greenhouse....  setting it up must have cost a bit I suppose, and wonder how long this has taken you to get to this stage...?

..nice rainbow..

Salino ive been very lucky everything you see apart from the BBQ i was given. all the fencing was made from pallets and so was the decking . the greenhouse i got off my late aunt,sheds i was given . can't wait for next season, as this year everything we planted was guess work but i was pleased at what we got, next season i have a better idea of what im going to grow and how to grow it.

thanks

baza

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Oh wow that's quite some allotment!  I've always thought of lotties as very small areas full of beds and planks of wood to act as a path - you're certainly crushing that concept! 

Hi Clarington thats exactly what i thought of allotments . but when i got this i decided to make it for all my family to enjoy . best thing i've done.

thanks

baza

• very good!

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

Well done baza, what a difference, looks great.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452
    Excellent work. You should be proud! What do your allotment neighbours think of your improvements?